BrexitAs we approach the final departure of the UK from the European Union, all sectors of the Irish government continue to provide additional information to help prepare for the transition and the current uncertainties. The Department of the Taoiseach published on 9 September 2020 the Brexit Readiness Action Plan. This document provides in-depth information on areas most affected by changes including in relation to good and services. See full document here Different webinar series on the topic are being hosted by the Health and Safety Authority and the National Standards Authority of Ireland in the coming weeks.
COVID-19As we move from an acute crisis to a medium to long term crisis, the Irish Government has adapted and changed the previous Road to Recovery Plans. The new government plan, Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for Living with COVID-19, was published on 15 September 2020, This forecast over the next 6 to 9 months gives more insights on potential actions by the government to respond to different levels of crisis (divided into 5). To note, the HSA will publish a revised guide to ‘Return to Work Safely Protocol‘ in the near future which will include the elements laid out by the Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021 Plan. Follow our alerts for more information as it is available. The Return to Work Safely Protocol remains mandatory at this time.
Other Legislative News
- The Commission for Regulation of Utilities is designated as the competent authority for the preparation of an Electricity Risk Preparedness evaluation as per EU Regulation 2019/941 by 2023. (SI No. 342 of 2020)
- The Department of Housing, Planning and Local Government will take over responsibility for inland waterways including permitting from 9 Sep 2020. (SI No. 340 of 2020)
- Department of the Taoiseach, Brexit Readiness Action Plan 2020, published on 9 Sep. 2020
- Health and Safety Authority Brexit Webinar 2020 Series
- NSAI Fall 2020 Brexit Webinar Series
- Irish Government: Resilience and Recovery 2020-2021: Plan for living with Covid-19, published on 15 Sep. 2020
- S.I. No. 342 of 2020 EUROPEAN UNION (ELECTRICITY RISK PREPAREDNESS) REGULATIONS 2020
- S.I. No. 340/2020 – Inland Waterways and Waterways Ireland (Transfer of Departmental Administration and Ministerial Functions) Order 2020