On 4th February 2019, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and Environment Agency have published the updated version of the Guidance on changing, transfer or cancelation of the environmental permit. The Guidance explains how to change details of an environmental permit, transfer it to someone else or cancel it.
A facility can apply to :
- make changes to its permit to update its details – it must do this if wants to do an activity that is not currently covered by that permit
- correct mistakes in the permit
- transfer its permit to somebody else
- cancel its permit if no longer needs it
The contents of the Guidance are the following:
- Change (vary) your permit
- Transfer your permit to somebody else
- Transfer a standalone flood risk activity permit
- Cancel (surrender) your permit
- Cancel a flood risk activity permit
- Get help with your application
- Submit your documents
- Contact the Environment Agency
Guidance – Change, transfer or cancel your environmental permit, published on 4th February 2019 on the Government webpage.