West Virginia Adopts New Source Performance Standards
On August 26, 2016 the West Virginia Division of Air Quality adopted a new rule governing new source performance standards. This new rule codifies general procedures and criteria to implement standards of performance for new stationary sources (NSPS) set forth in 40 C.F.R. Part 60. The rule also adopts associated appendices, reference methods, performance specifications, and other test methods which are appended to such standards. This rule change specifically affects 45 CSR 16.
Revisions to the rule include deleting former rules section, clarifying the definition for Clean Air Act, and incorporating by reference amendments to the NSPS promulgated by the EPA under 40 C.F.R. Part 60 as of 1 June, 2016 including:
- Performance Specification 18 including a subsequent correction
- Technical Amendments to Performance Specification 18 and Procedure 6
- Electric Utility Generator Sector, Fossil-Fuel-Fired Electric Utility, Industrial-Commercial-Institutional, and Small Industrial-Commercial-Institutional Steam Generating Units
- Oil and Natural Gas Sector
- Petroleum Refinery Sector
- Phosphate Processing
- Portland Cement Plants.
Did you enjoy reading this article? You might like these ones, too:
Our EHS experts are ready to answer any of your questions
Subscribe to our newsletter