The European Union (Road Transport) (Working Conditions and Road Safety)(Amendment) Regulations 2015 amend the European Communities (Road Transport)(Working Conditions and Road Safety) Regulations 2008 (S.I. No. 62 of 2008). The amendments reflect changes in the regulation of tachographs introduced by Articles 24, 34 and 45 of Regulation (EU) No. 165 of 2014 which came into force on 2 March 2015.
The 2015 Amendment Regulations make several changes to the 2008 Regulations.
These changes include:
- updating and inserting new definitions;
- introducing new audit requirements created in EU Regulation 165/2014 and reporting requirements to the Road Safety Authority;
- transposing all objectives in Article 13 of the Second Council Regulation for exemption from the driving restrictions;
- providing for a conflict of interest regulation imposing a duty on tachograph workshop operators and fitters to not undertake work where they own or have a material interest in the vehicle or transport undertaking;
- introducing the specific offence of falsely issuing a calibration certificate.
For the full detail of the changes made, please refer directly to the 2015 Amendment Regulations attached below.
Red-on-line EHS Legal specialist
The European Union (Road Transport) (Working Conditions and Road Safety)(Amendment) Regulations 2015 (S.I. No 126 of 2015), published in Iris Oifigiúil on 17 April 2015.