On 5th July 2018 the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy has published the ‘Guidance on Innovations in the build environment’. It describes the Government funding for innovation in energy efficiency and heating technologies.
The Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy, Innovate UK, and Research Councils expect to invest around £184 million in research and innovation in the built environment. As part of this commitment, within the BEIS Energy Innovation Programme, BEIS expects to invest around £90 million in low carbon heating and energy efficiency options for UK homes and businesses.
The Contents of the Guidance are the following:
- Innovation in the built environment
- Building for 2050
- Investing in Low Carbon Heating Technology Innovation
- Investing in Building Thermal Efficiency Innovation
- Investing in hydrogen innovation for heating
- Investing in smart heating systems
Guidance – Innovations in the built environment, published on 5th July 2018 on the Government web page.