On 5th July 2018 the Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs and Environment Agency have published the Guidance on Certification for companies working on equipment containing F gas. The guidance contains information how a company must be certified to service air conditioning, refrigeration and fire protection systems that contain F gas for other businesses.
A company must be certified to handle fluorinated greenhouse gases (F gases) regulated by the EU if it services the following types of equipment for other businesses:
- stationary refrigeration systems that contain F gas
- stationary air conditioning and heat pump systems that contain F gas
- stationary fire protection systems that contain F gas
Servicing includes installing, repairing, maintaining and decommissioning. The employees must also be qualified as individuals if they handle F gas. The certificates issued in other EU member states are valid in the UK.
The Contents of the Guidance are the following:
- Exception for companies servicing their own equipment
- Refrigeration and stationary air conditioning certification
- Fire protection certification
- Requirements for certified companies
Guidance – Certification for companies working on equipment containing F gas, published on the Government webpage on 5th July 2018.