In the July 26, 2017 issue of the Federal Register the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) requested comments on issues under consideration during the 51st and 52nd sessions of the United National Sub-Committee of Experts of the Transport of Dangerous Goods (UNSCOE TDG). Public comments received will be used to inform the United States’ comments at these sessions. Comments will be accepted by PHMSA through November 17, 2017.
The PHMSA has requested comments to inform the United States comments during the upcoming sessions. The 51st session of the UNSCOE TDG was held between July 3 and 7, 2017. The 52nd session will be held November 27 to December 6, 2017. These two sessions are the first two of four meetings scheduled for the 2017-2018 biennium. The UNSCOE TDG will consider amendments to the 20th Revised Edition of the United Nations Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods Model Regulations and the 6th Revised Edition of the United Nations Manual of Tests and Criteria. PHMSA is requesting comments to use when developing United States comments on the issues on the agenda, which include:
- Explosives and related matters
- Listing, classification, and packing
- Electric storage systems
- Transport of gases
- Miscellaneous proposals for amendments to the Model Regulations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods
- Global harmonization of the Transport of Dangerous Goods Regulations with the Model Regulations
- Cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency
- Guiding principles for the Model Regulations
- Issues relating to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals
PHMSA will accept public comments through November 17, 2017.