On July 14, 2017 the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) announced that it will launch the Injury Tracking Application (ITA) on August 1, 2017.
The application will allow employers to electronically submit their required injury and illness data from their completed 2016 OSHA Form 300A. The data submission process involves four steps:
1. Creating an establishment
2. Adding 300A summary data
3. Submitting data to OSHA
4. Reviewing the confirmation email.
The website offers three options for data submission:
1. Users can manually enter data into a web form
2. Users will have the ability to upload a CSV file to process single or multiple establishments at the same time.
3. Users can link their record-keeping system to the ITA via an application programming interface that will allow them to submit data automatically.