On 6th June 2018, the Environment Agency has published a Guidance for existing and new participants of the European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS).
This guidance will help a facility to meet its obligations under the UK Regulations and applicable European legislation.
- Whether a facility needs a permit under the UK Regulations
- How to make applications (including permit applications)
- how to comply with the conditions in your permit
It’s divided into 5 sections
- Do I have any obligations under the EU ETS?
- How do I apply for a permit?
- I have a permit, what do I need to do now?
- Things have changed, what should I do?
- I’m not happy with a decision, what should I do?
European Union Emissions Trading System (EU ETS) Phase III – Guidance for installations, published on the Government web page on 6th June 2018.