The Department for Environment, Food & Rural Affairs has published on 22th May 2018 a Consultation on a new Clean Air Strategy, and on actions to improve air quality by reducing pollution from a wide range of sources.
The Department would like views on the actions being proposed to reduce air pollution and its effects. It also wants to know if any stakeholder has any further suggestions. The Clean Air Strategy affects a broad range of sectors and touches on the interests of many.
The Consultation is including each of the main themes of the strategy document:
- understanding of the problem
- protecting the nation’s health
- protecting the environment
- securing clean growth and innovation
- reducing emissions from transport
- reducing emissions from farming
- reducing emissions from industry
- international, national and local leadership
For further information consult the full document of the consultation, Clean Air Strategy – Consultation Document.
Open consultation – Air quality: draft Clean Air Strategy 2018, published on the Government webpage on 22th May 2018.