- The test methods on paints, varnishes and related materials include scratch test, Abrasion resistance, exposure to filtered xenon-arc radiation, corrosion test.
- The standard on hazard communication includes a part on transport and storage of dangerous goods and the globally harmonised system of classification and labelling of chemicals adapted by Singapore.
- Specification for liquid chlorine
- For the testing of concrete, for example: Method for determination of static modules elasticity in compression, Methods for analysis of hardened concrete and recommendations for assessment of concrete strength by the near-to-surface tests.
- Code of practice for lighting of work places, for example: Lighting requirements for safety and security of outdoor work places and outdoors.
- For the hazard communication: preparation of safety data sheets (SDS)
- Specification for hydrochloric acid
- Code of practice for installation, operation and maintenance of electric passenger and goods lifts
- Singapore Standard for water efficiency management systems
- Methods of test for paints, varnishes and related materials (number SS 5, Parts G1-G4:2003)
Please find the details regarding the standards in the link given below.
The newly established Singapore Standards can be requested from Toppan Leefung Pte Ltd. For further information check out the e-Catalogue at: http://www.singaporestandardseshop.sg
Sources : Publication by the Standards, Productivity and Innovation Board in the Government Gazette of 9 May 2014, No. 1080 – STANDARDS, PRODUCTIVITY AND INNOVATION BOARD ACT (CHAPTER 303A), “Singapore standards notification”.
Red-on-line EHS Legal Counsel